Pharmacologist; Project Manager, Sr. Project Manager, or Director
Join the Nonclinical Development and Bioanalysis Team in a Leading and Fast Growing Biotech Company
Ascendis Pharma is focused on building a leading rare disease company providing meaningful improvements in patients’ lives by developing best-in-class therapeutics addressing unmet medical needs by applying Ascendis’ TransCon technology platform.
As Pharmacologist at Ascendis Pharma you will work in multidisciplinary international project teams with a key responsibility to drive the biology, pharmacology, and biomarker strategy for one or more projects. You will work both independently and in collaboration with other research and development team members as well as external partners to develop integrated pharmacology and translational biomarker strategies to support early research as well as projects in clinical development.
You will be responsible for the nonclinical biology, pharmacology, and biomarker activities on TransCon CNP, and on one or more undisclosed projects. You will join a Nonclinical Development & Bioanalysis team of eight highly experienced scientists (four Toxicologists, one Biologist/Pharmacologist, and three Bioanalytical Experts).
Criteria of success will be to provide high quality and timely biological/pharmacological input to early projects and projects in clinical development.
With direct report to Vice President of Nonclinical Development & Bioanalysis.
Your main tasks are:
- Provide biology and pharmacology input to TransCon CNP (Phase 1, IND stage) and TransCon hGH (Phase 3, BLA stage)
- Write the pharmacology part of INDs/CTAs and contribute to other regulatory documents
- Develop, coordinate, and execute on the translational/biomarker strategy for the TransCon CNP projects
- Support translation of nonclinical pharmacology data into toxicological and clinical relevance
- As a Sponsor Monitor, initiate relevant in vivo pharmacology, pharmacokinetics, and proof-of-principle studies to support early research projects
- Drive publication of nonclinical efficacy/pharmacology and proof of principle data
- Drive the reporting of scientific results in patents and publications
- Participate in ongoing innovation work, including support to identification of new focus areas and setting up the nonclinical strategies to explore new targets
- Responsibility for collecting and analyzing exploratory biomarker/translational data from nonclinical and clinical studies
- Set-up and maintain collaborative relationships with internal and external functional experts on TransCon CNP and new focus areas
You hold a relevant university degree, preferably an M.Sc. or PhD in Biology, Chemistry, Bio-technology, Veterinary Medicine or another Life Science degree. Additionally, you have several years of experience in conducting animal studies, and preferably experience from the pharmaceutical industry. Experience in contributing to documents intended for regulatorsubmissions will be an advantage.
You are a highly pro-active, enthusiastic, and goal-oriented individual with a strong scientific background. You enjoy challenges, have a quality-oriented mindset, and like working in a friendly, collaborative environment. Strong interpersonal skills are necessary as you will be a major contributor and trusted member of the department and the respective development teams. The ability to communicate data and recommendations in a professional manner is pivotal. You are proficient in English at a professional level, both written and spoken. Experience with bone biology is an advantage.
Ascendis Pharma offers you an exciting and challenging position in an entrepreneurial and international company with a short line of command. You will be involved in activities that are central to Ascendis Pharma’s strategy, and work with highly skilled and experienced colleagues to advance Ascendis Pharma’s exciting product pipeline.
Travelling: 10 – 30 days per year
Domicile: Ascendis Pharma resides in a wonderful office facility in Tuborg Havn in Hellerup, with a view to the harbor, the canals, and the sea.
For more details about the job or the company, please contact Partner Jørn Duhn, Unique Human Capital on M +45 21 75 19 25. All applications must be in English and are treated confidentially.